Commune Design is a design collective from Los Angeles. They not only do interior design, but specialize in branding, graphic design, and even represent a handful of photographers; combining their expertise to approach clients’ needs from a various viewpoints. They have done design work for numerous residential clients in Hollywood and Silver Lake, and they have also completed projects for esteemed companies such as Juicy Couture and Oliver Peoples. I find it incredible the way the design firm incorporates rough, organic elements into these sleek, modern homes. They designed this stunning Spanish-style residence in Los Feliz, California in 2009. Could you see yourself living in this fabulous Spanish-style home?
A kitchen and outdoor living space where the mosaic flooring ties it all together. The cement floor tiles are custom from Redondo Tile, and are based on a 40’s French design. Tile is a perfect flooring choice for creating continuity between indoor/outdoor spaces, although the elements are always a concern. Cement tile is very well suited to the California climate; another great choice is stone-like porcelain, or faux-wood porcelain planks.
This outdoor courtyard features a grand modern silver tiled fireplace as a focal point with lounge seating, custom fountain, and outdoor dining for six.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Light-flooded custom-spec house nestled hillside in Seattle
- Three-story contemporary renovation in Toronto: 142 Kenilworth
- Luxurious modern interior scheme uncovered by this Brentwood Estate
- Lake Michigan retreat blends modern and rustic details
- Charming and cozy Gothenburg apartment
- Modern dream home designed for a bachelor in California