When interior and garden designer Michael Trapp bought a rotting ranch in the Berkshire foothills of Sharon, Connecticut he transformed it into Ranch House Spectacular by minimizing the distinction between outdoors and indoors. The proprietor of Michael Trapp Antiques, Michael Trapp knows how to celebrate light and scale in his designs. He brought in eight dead birch trees to transform his living area. After completion, the 3,000 square feet of indoor space was accompanied by nearly 3,000 square feet of usable outdoor living space in the forms of decks and stone terraces.
The home before the renovation.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- 40 Amazing fall-inspired front porch decorating ideas