When asked their decorating style, most people would say they are eclectic, meaning they like a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. Having an eclectic interior design style is the way to go if you just can’t choose one style. This fabulous house is an excellent example of eclectic design, which encompasses a variety of periods and styles and is harmoniously brought together through the use of color, texture, shape and finish. Eclectic style is about mixing rather than matching, though all design elements should coordinate to achieve a look that is fresh and avant-garde. Eclectic style is the fingerprint of innovation and creativity. Borrowing from different sources and periods, eclectic style is a highly individualized style and can easily be changed on a whim.
Bright and bold splashes of turquoise have been accented throughout this home to give it a unique sense of style. What do you think? Did they pull it off?
Photos: Light Locations
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Jaw-dropping dwelling merged cliffside above the Aegean Sea
- Exquisite apartment in Santander with delicious details
- Magnificent residence in Kuala Lumpur
- La Vinya luxury villa melds into surroundings in Costa Brava
- Mountain modern home perfect for entertaining in Martis Camp
- Artist channels his dark side through art
- Old stable in Rome converted to a loft with original details