When asked their decorating style, most people would say they are eclectic, meaning they like a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. Having an eclectic interior design style is the way to go if you just can’t choose one style. This fabulous house is an excellent example of eclectic design, which encompasses a variety of periods and styles and is harmoniously brought together through the use of color, texture, shape and finish. Eclectic style is about mixing rather than matching, though all design elements should coordinate to achieve a look that is fresh and avant-garde. Eclectic style is the fingerprint of innovation and creativity. Borrowing from different sources and periods, eclectic style is a highly individualized style and can easily be changed on a whim.
Bright and bold splashes of turquoise have been accented throughout this home to give it a unique sense of style. What do you think? Did they pull it off?
Photos: Light Locations
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Sea Ranch Cabin surrounded by redwood forest in California
- Lake Michigan retreat blends modern and rustic details
- 54 Cool and relaxing outdoor living spaces to welcome summer
- TDA House on the Emerald Coast
- 40 Stylish and functional small bathroom design ideas
- Contemporary house in Seattle surrounded by forest