Overlooking Banderas Bay and Los Arcos National Park, this 15,000 square-foot villa is located in the small community of Mismaloya, 15 minutes from Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. This stunning residence was designed and constructed by architect Alberto Alvarez Valdivia, who is also the property owner. Villa Mandarinas is an architectural masterpiece cascading down six beautiful tiers of native vegetation, dramatic cliffs, and colorful gardens. The villa features seven master bedrooms with en-suite bath, each with spectacular views of the bay and private terraces shaded by bamboo, gracefully complimenting the colors of the estate. With soaring ceilings and joined great rooms open to terraces, bedrooms, landings, and patios throughout the house. The variety of windows, glass doors and open air views offer the sensation of a home that is truly married to the outside environment. “The house was built around the trees, and local materials were used on roofs, terraces and floors,” states Valdvia. A Pacific Mexican house was the objective. A private beach on one side of the property balances itself against a spacious natural salt water pool on the other. Via
“The views and the color were most important,” says Valdivia. There are ocean views from every major room; the color orange was chosen for the exterior of the home as a contrast to the blue hues of the encompassing waters.
The dining room features a chandelier that illuminates a one of a kind sabino wood table carved from a single tree.
Color schemes of Magenta and reddish-orange in the rooms keep “the Mexicanity in mind,” states Valdivia, “Each room presents a different color scheme.”
Photos: Mark Calanan
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fresh and colorful apartment in Russia by Bazant Studio
- Ultimate bachelor penthouse loft in Manhattan
- Multi-level glass encased compound in the Hollywood Hills
- Bright and Colorful Palm Springs Residence by Shiny Bones
- Manor House Stables in the Hampshire countryside
- Carriage House Renovation in historic Blagden Alley