Residing in the beautiful village of Lourmarin, France, is a large restored eighteenth century farmhouse. This stunning home is called “Bastide Galinier” which translates to “House of Hens.” With the help of local artisans, owners Isabelle and Edouard Loubet brought new life to this two story Provencal property surrounded by three hectares of land. The house is a mixture of old materials with contemporary furniture. Earth tones of beige, cream, and grays have been mixed together harmoniously throughout the spaces with splashes of bold colors used in the decor of the chairs in the kitchen. The rooms are open and spacious, with high vaulted ceilings. The ground floor features two bedrooms, each with private en-suite bathrooms, that emits a gentle romantic atmosphere. In the evening, the windows open to let in the fresh air of the countryside. The fragrant aroma of fresh herbs of thyme, rosemary and savory, as well as flowers such as white geraniums give off their fresh scents in the magnificently planted gardens that give way to the Provencal life. Via
The high vaulted ceiling and open floor plan for the living room and dining room create a sense of spaciousness. The tall, arched window brings the outdoors in.
The kitchen features modern lines with a corian countertop. The table is mounted on casters and fits snugly into the island. It can easily be added to the side of the main dining table to seat more guests.
The old fireplace in the kitchen was preserved. Burgundy enamel tiles for the backsplash. Blue and red chairs add punches of color to the earthy tones around the home.
The staircase has been decorated with pottery jugs.
Typically French, the bath sits inside the bedroom. A small lavatory stands beside an antique claw foot bathtub.
The master bedroom features antique furniture.
The bathing area is at the opposite end of the bedroom decorated with wood panelling.
Photos: Frederick Ducout
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Jaw-dropping dwelling merged cliffside above the Aegean Sea
- Striking home renovation in Montreal: Connaught Residence
- Minimalist house integrating trees in its design: Garden Tree House
- Sumptuous double volume space in Cape Town: Montrose
- Exposed concrete shelter in Sao Paulo
- Sustainable dwelling nestled on the Kennemer dunes
- Modern two story sanctuary in Park City, Utah