Designed by award-winning SCDA Architects, the stunning Alila Villas Hadahaa is located in the Maldives, Indian Ocean. A luxury environmentally conscious boutique resort is the first of its kind built in the atolls with the highest of environmental standards. Of the 50 minimal-impact, high-style villas, 14 are strung out along a jetty over a vibrant coral reef teeming with kaleidoscopic marine life. The rest, all with infinite views of the ocean, are scattered like seashells around a pristine spit of sand. The boutique resort is wrapped around the 200m x 300m Island, each room a villa style that somehow feels completely integrated with the natural environment.
Natural woods, grass mats, white cottons, and the outdoor shower and bath with the rain shower and a verdant canopy of palm tree leaves culminate in a truly elegant expression of island living. Every comfort is anticipated – cool water available before you can ask for it, fluffy white towels within reach no matter where you go. Hammocks are tied between palm trees and a peaceful quiet serves as a seamless backdrop for the call of the gecko and the gentle ocean tides. What is really amazing about all this luxury is that it was created and maintained with the environment in mind. Alila Villas Hadahaa is Green Globe Certified, the highest rating for both building and operating with the highest standards of environmental sensitivity.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Jaw-dropping dwelling merged cliffside above the Aegean Sea
- Beach shelter retreat on Great Barrier Island: Timms Bach
- Striking clifftop home in The Cove at Pezula Estate
- Desert House: Fascinating prefab home by Marmol Radziner
- Partially cut into the hillside: Kentfield Hillside Residence
- Exquisite glass cladded haven on Omaha Beach
- Mid-century modern ranch house renovation