This 320-square-foot garage conversion into a studio apartment has been designed by SHED Architecture & Design. This beautiful studio features a faceted ceiling to guide warm air to the triangular vent window for passive ventilation. Located in Seattle, Washington, space-saving strategies used throughout includes, a support beam that functions as a kitchen pot rack, and a bookshelf is tucked in the interior eaves. The studio was designed in order to gain additional income for the homeowners. There was also a workshop and storage area added in the new garage basement to serve the main house, as well as terraces, paths, and steps to the backyard.
The loft looks tight but cozy. Access is via a ladder opposite the closet.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage