Japanese architects Suppose Design Office have designed a unique home in Nagoya, Japan with a garden room in the middle of the house. The home has been sited on a narrow plot surrounded by neighboring houses. Fulfilling the client’s wishes for a vibrant garden, the architects incorporated one into the design scheme by adding a garden room bordering the main living space. The goal of the interior design was to treat the garden spaces as any other space in the home. Merging outdoor elements with indoor elements, paintings are incorporated in the garden areas and rocks and flowerbeds extend into the living spaces. The designers hoped that by periodically planting new foliage into the garden would keep the interiors continually fresh and updated.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits