The mood at Mystique Resort in Santorini, Greece is one of laid-back luxury. Only one thing should be able to distract you from the tranquility of the sea and the breath-taking vistas of the caldera cliffs, and that’s your partner. The resort offers over 21,500 square feet (2000 square meters) of luxurious landscape and eighteen suites and villas carved into the cliffs, each with a private panoramic terrace.
This contemporary resort has been designed by Richard Lefebvre of Bleu Nature, with a forward-thinking design philosophy while still paying homage to the traditional white-washed aesthetic of the area. The facade of the buildings appears as if they have been carved from a bar of soap. There is also a conscientious effort to respect the harmony between man and nature. Much of the building was made with limestone sourced from a nearby quarry, hand-carved wood and local glass from Santorini.
The minimalist white interior decor has furniture fashioned from tree limbs. Cushions have been designed from antique textiles. Enticing patterns have been carved into the walls. Slatted wooden decks that lead to the plunge pool surrounded by sun beds for the utmost relaxation. Guests may experience an outdoor infinity-edge pool, the Aura Pool Bar, the Charisma Gourmet Restaurant and the Secret 150 year-old Wine Cave, a nod to the island’s past. With its amazing view over the Aegean Sea, Santorini has been nominated as the world’s most romantic place in the world (World’s No.1 Best Island, Travel & Leisure 2006).
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Fabulous retreat in the Mallorcan countryside
- Impressive small space design in this Spanish retreat
- Table Hat: Peacefully designed cafe built around nature
- Ultra-fabulous Madrid villa with a chic ambiance
- Shaw House with incredible lap pool in Vancouver
- Four Barns weekend retreat in the rolling hills of Hudson Valley