This awesome barn style home design is a unique workshop / home in Hamamatsu City, Japan by Japanese architecture firm Yukiharu Suzuki & Associates. This industrial-chic house has a “homey” twist that makes it an inspiring working and living space. This three-storey concrete and wood barn is perched on a hillside with dramatic views of the sea and skyline. From the outside, the home’s unusual slat-style facades allow interior light to permeate out, offering the house a glowing effect. Inside, the house is a vast open-concept space, open to above with exposed wood posts and beams that give it that “workshop” flair. Glass walls line the main floor, flooding interiors with natural light while blurring the boundary between inside and out. Sliding Japanese shoji screens divide the sprawling interior, defining its different living areas. In a twist of the unexpected, this house is topped by gleaming steel shingles.
Gleaming steel shingles on the roof.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Jaw-dropping dwelling merged cliffside above the Aegean Sea
- Enhance your home: Why you should install blinds
- Fabulous modern island home in Bonaire
- Voluminous two story modern pad in Kuwait: MOP House
- Contemporary renovation with sleek interiors in Vancouver
- Modern loft creates trendy vibe in downtown Toronto
- House 6 modern custom home in California by Cheng Design