The prevailing warm climate of this Caribbean country along with the particular location of the project within a 7.000 m2 plot of land along the coast line, have determined the ideas that A-cero Architecture had for this luxurious residence in the Dominican Republic. The massing is subdivided in two blocks, both composed of curved and straight surfaces interacting and forming dynamic spaces. The entire home is covered with a light coralline stone procured locally. The stone’s light color, and smooth texture helps in taking advantage of the Caribbean sun, as it accentuates the curvilinear attributes of the space, through light and shadows.
The house is hidden behind a walled fence which curves up from the ground. The sculptural fence is interrupted in the middle by a large wooden gate. The house is designed to make the most of the cross-ventilation, taking advantage of the cooling sea breeze. The whole house is extroverted, with big practicable large windows. The separation between the inside and the outside gets dissolved with gardens getting inserted inside the house. The external Coralline stone is brought inside, offering a visual continuity throughout the project. The furniture was also designed by A-cero and custom-built to measurement, and conceived to bestow certain simplicity inside the big interior spaces.
Photos: Fernando Manosalvas
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Jaw-dropping dwelling merged cliffside above the Aegean Sea
- Modern residence with a warm and inviting design in Oregon
- Captivating wooden coastal cottage retreat
- Johannesburg residence seduces with opulence
- Stunning glass farmhouse by Olson Kundig Architects
- Sensational sculptural residence in La Finca
- Casa MM connects inhabitants with the outdoors in Mexico