The renovation of this full floor and roof space by Rangr Studio has created the illusion of one large loft space while integrating a large living room, kitchen and dining areas, office, two separate bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, sauna, and dressing rooms. Using flush door panels and clerestory glass, the design allows the entire arched ceiling to be visible and allows all 28 windows to be apparent from every space in the apartment. A steel and wood stair allows access to the roof, with roof top hot-tub, outdoor fireplace, kitchen and lounge areas. The steps floats between a single stringer and pencil thin steel rods that support the steps and handrail, and which also form an ethereal screen between the public and more private areas of the loft.
The layout of both the roof and the interior spaces were optimized to dramatize views across the rivers to New Jersey and Long Island, and the views up and down Broadway.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Luminous interiors in Greece: Lycabettus Penthouse by esé studio
- Ultra luxurious African safari game reserve
- Historical SoHo loft gets a brilliant makeover
- Visionary Sao Paulo apartment with a cosmopolitan atmosphere
- Modern house in New Zealand: Godden Cres
- Wood-cladded dwelling in Chile with ocean views