This incredible glass and steel framed villa is situated in the Northern part of South Africa. The residence is a redevelopment of an old house designed by Architect Werner van der Meulen. The project combines elements of Japanese water gardens and contemporary western design to create a gorgeous and spacious home. The large expanse of transparent glass windows blurs seamlessly the outdoors with the in, adding ample daylight and views of the outdoor swimming pool and patio. The villa is surrounded by tall walls for privacy and security.
The interior concept of the villa is warm, contemporary and very Zen feeling. The home features an open plan concept, the dining room, living room and kitchen located on the same level. There are many unique design elements throughout; including the staircase landing that incorporates a fire element in the design. Public and private spaces have been separated by a long corridor which hovers above the swimming pool. Via
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- 40 Amazing fall-inspired front porch decorating ideas