Looking for a place to retire in St. Helena, Napa Valley the wine country of California, a couple settled on this secluded but close to downtown shaped lot for the site of their modern retreat. Butler Armsden Architects designed the main house to be set back from the street, separated from the garage and studio by a lap pool that doubles as a reflecting pool for the facade. The main room of the house is two stories tall, and opens through triple sliding doors to similarly tall exterior space that is protected by a large roof overhang. The house and garage/studio form bookends to the pool and exterior space in between, creating a private world that is just a five minute walk from downtown St. Helena.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow