This fabulous lake house was designed by DeForest Architects on Lake Wenatchee in Washington State.
From the architects: Rustic, modern, cozy, and sophisticated. This mountain retreat designed by DeForest Architects was designed to bridge two worlds with natural ease.
The owners spent many seasons on Lake Wenatchee in the Cascade Mountains before finding the perfect spot to build. They came to DeForest with enthusiasm for the design process and a vision of a house that blended seamlessly with the site. Some key themes include:
* A secret room, sleeping porch and built-in alcoves make this cabin cozy for two and comfortable for a crowd.
* A natural mix: combining the warmth of wood with low maintenance tile, stone, and composites.
* A tale of two masters: clever ideas to accommodate a range of friends and families. sleeping loft, flex bath.
* Designing for four seasons: low-maintenance materials, overhangs to shed snow and create summer shade, indoor-outdoor spaces.
Visit the DeForest Architects website here.
Photos: Benjamin Benschneider
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Contemporary pad in Sydney creating strong indoor-outdoor dialogue
- Stunning Greek Island Escape in Ithaca: Villa Kalos
- Sustainable modern home design in Vancouver
- Skyline House amidst nature with impressive city views
- Contemporary floating home on Lake Union
- Stunning Mediterranean style remodel in Portland