This fabulous lake house was designed by DeForest Architects on Lake Wenatchee in Washington State.
From the architects: Rustic, modern, cozy, and sophisticated. This mountain retreat designed by DeForest Architects was designed to bridge two worlds with natural ease.
The owners spent many seasons on Lake Wenatchee in the Cascade Mountains before finding the perfect spot to build. They came to DeForest with enthusiasm for the design process and a vision of a house that blended seamlessly with the site. Some key themes include:
* A secret room, sleeping porch and built-in alcoves make this cabin cozy for two and comfortable for a crowd.
* A natural mix: combining the warmth of wood with low maintenance tile, stone, and composites.
* A tale of two masters: clever ideas to accommodate a range of friends and families. sleeping loft, flex bath.
* Designing for four seasons: low-maintenance materials, overhangs to shed snow and create summer shade, indoor-outdoor spaces.
Visit the DeForest Architects website here.
Photos: Benjamin Benschneider
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- Contemporary renovation in Australia: Moor Street Residence
- Off-grid itHouse takes shelter in the California desert
- Stunning modern transformation of Manhattan Beach House
- A luxurious transformation in San Francisco
- Luminous property with modern yet cozy elements in Mexico City
- A wood-cladded dream house in Almunecar