This fabulous lake house was designed by DeForest Architects on Lake Wenatchee in Washington State.
From the architects: Rustic, modern, cozy, and sophisticated. This mountain retreat designed by DeForest Architects was designed to bridge two worlds with natural ease.
The owners spent many seasons on Lake Wenatchee in the Cascade Mountains before finding the perfect spot to build. They came to DeForest with enthusiasm for the design process and a vision of a house that blended seamlessly with the site. Some key themes include:
* A secret room, sleeping porch and built-in alcoves make this cabin cozy for two and comfortable for a crowd.
* A natural mix: combining the warmth of wood with low maintenance tile, stone, and composites.
* A tale of two masters: clever ideas to accommodate a range of friends and families. sleeping loft, flex bath.
* Designing for four seasons: low-maintenance materials, overhangs to shed snow and create summer shade, indoor-outdoor spaces.
Visit the DeForest Architects website here.
Photos: Benjamin Benschneider
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Dreaming of... exotic retreat in the Maldives
- House 6 modern custom home in California by Cheng Design
- Charming farmhouse in the Cevenne Mountains
- Notting Hill Flat showcasing stylish modern design
- Striking Manhattan loft transformation in the Glass Farmhouse
- Modern weekend lake house in Texas by Stuart Sampley Architect