This fabulous seaside home is constructed on a grassy slope in Humlebaek, a seaside town less than 20 miles north of Copenhagen, Denmark. The former fishing village is unofficially titled the Danish Riviera where Copenhagen-based architecture firm Henning Larsen has built a two-story, 5,404 square foot home that their client calls a sanctuary. The home has an enclosed courtyard that is shielded from the elements and offers a spectacular view of the Oresund strait and the Swedish island of Hven.
The exterior facade is brick and has been finished with a bright white stucco wash with an entire wall of glass that covers the rear of the home. There are double roofs which makes the structure seem like it is two residences conjoined. The main entryway is comprised of smooth rectangular slabs of gray-blue granite. The front door makes way to a modern steel-and-oak staircase that is the main focal point and divides the house into two wings. Floor to ceiling windows allows natural light to penetrate the home, reflecting off the white plaster walls and Dinesen oak floors.
The living and dining areas feature art walls lined with abstract paintings, mostly from the Belgian artist Pierre Alechinsky. The downstairs basement is where all the entertainment is, with a state of the art home theater system, a wine cellar, fitness center, a custom-designed Jacuzzi, and an 82-foot lap pool, both lined with polished local granite and illuminated with skylights. Via
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Modern-Gothic pool house with amazing wine cellar
- Bent + Sliced Residence in Missouri by Hufft Projects
- Renovated old apartment in Madrid with retro accents
- Unbelievable dream house of an art collector
- Fascinating Mediterranean villa composed of concrete in Tel Aviv
- Monolithic concrete and glass house on a cliff edge