This fabulous seaside home is constructed on a grassy slope in Humlebaek, a seaside town less than 20 miles north of Copenhagen, Denmark. The former fishing village is unofficially titled the Danish Riviera where Copenhagen-based architecture firm Henning Larsen has built a two-story, 5,404 square foot home that their client calls a sanctuary. The home has an enclosed courtyard that is shielded from the elements and offers a spectacular view of the Oresund strait and the Swedish island of Hven.
The exterior facade is brick and has been finished with a bright white stucco wash with an entire wall of glass that covers the rear of the home. There are double roofs which makes the structure seem like it is two residences conjoined. The main entryway is comprised of smooth rectangular slabs of gray-blue granite. The front door makes way to a modern steel-and-oak staircase that is the main focal point and divides the house into two wings. Floor to ceiling windows allows natural light to penetrate the home, reflecting off the white plaster walls and Dinesen oak floors.
The living and dining areas feature art walls lined with abstract paintings, mostly from the Belgian artist Pierre Alechinsky. The downstairs basement is where all the entertainment is, with a state of the art home theater system, a wine cellar, fitness center, a custom-designed Jacuzzi, and an 82-foot lap pool, both lined with polished local granite and illuminated with skylights. Via
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- Industrial chic concrete and glass light fixtures: IdéeAl Lamps
- Luxury beach apartment in Tel Aviv by Daniel Hasson
- Moorish style castle on the island of Grenada
- Weekend house built over the waves and sand of Malibu Beach
- Notting Hill Flat showcasing stylish modern design
- Fresh and colorful cottage retreat in Sonoma, California