This beautiful farmhouse is located in Montpellier, a city in the south of France. It is near the village of Saint-Martial, nestled in the lush Cevennes Mountain range at an altitude of 600 meters. The rehabilitated stone dwelling is in an idyllic natural setting, with fabulous views. The charming building has a history rooted in the family business for five generations, so preservation of the character of the home was very important to the current owners, Stephanie and Olivier Maurel. Elements left intact include the chimney, vegetable garden, old doors, ceilings and wooden beams. The home is open to rental and holiday. Via
The old door of the cellar features an old wrought iron gate.
The flooring is comprised of aged marble tiling and furnishings are a mix of family objects and garage sale finds.
With views out towards the garden, the kitchen combines authenticity, warmth and refinement with old shutters and ancient kitchen utensils.
Upstairs, a window opens to a view of the staircase.
A blue granite carved sink in the kitchen.
A cast iron tub is a beautiful feature in the bathroom.
At the foot of the building is a terraced garden with the aroma of jasmine, rosemary and lavender filling the air.
Summer life focuses on the large panoramic terrace where the view extends to the landscape of mountains covered with forest.
Photos: Jean-Pierre Forget
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Historic 16th century restoration in Herefordshire
- Contemporary Midtown Apartment with Views of Central Park
- Striking contemporary design in West Vancouver: Esquimalt House
- Light-flooded family house in Spain reflects vitality and charm
- Casa 2V in Ecuador displays unique volumetric structure
- Rejuvenate by bringing a touch of botany indoors