This fabulous home in Sydney, Australia has been designed by Corben Architects. The three-storey north facing residence has four bedrooms and is designed to take maximum advantage of outstanding water views and maintain absolute privacy to the adjacent neighbors. The 3,767 square feet (350 square meters) building replaced a small older style single level home. The house is concealed behind a timber battened garage door and entry gate to the street but then reveals itself as one enters the site and moves through the landscaped garden from the front gate to the front door. Only glimpses of the panoramic water view that lies beyond are revealed along this journey.
It is only upon entrance to this residence and moving into the large open plan living/kitchen/dining that the full impact of the stunning view is felt. The substantial living space with its large sliding windows and soaring ceilings flows out and becomes one with the outside encouraging the indoor/outdoor lifestyle. The main entry, two living areas and guest wing are situated on the middle level with three bedrooms on the upper level, the main one designed as a luxury suite. The lower level incorporates a spacious media room and storage areas.
The interior finishes are comprised of American Oak timber floors in the living areas, grey limestone honed stone floors around the circulation areas, white polyurethane cupboards, quartz kitchen countertops and Marble slabs in the bathrooms to create a contemporary, sophisticated interior with a warm inviting feel. Energy saving options includes a skylight over the central core allowing natural light and ventilation, timber slated screens for sun control, concrete floors and roof to provide thermal mass and energy efficient glazing to the external windows and doors. The house also consists of a rainwater harvesting system used for garden irrigation and flushing of toilets. Via
Visit the website of Corben Architects here.
Photos: Alina Gozina
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- Cantilevered on the bluffs of Cape Town
- Stone barn conversion in Texas Hill Country: Blanco Residence
- Mid-Century modern apartment in Sao Paulo
- Bungalow Design: Skirt + Rock House by MCK Architects
- Scape House: Modern hillside home with varying geometry in Japan
- East Village duplex mixes clean lines with warm materials