We discovered this fabulous vacation rental on Luxury Retreats called the Sand Club on the beautiful island of St. Barts. With its direct access to the Atlantic Ocean, this six bedroom villa has been imagined, designed and implemented to obtain a rare quality of life: simplicity, space, serenity and practicality. After a truly majestic entrance way – a wide alley bordered by two rows of coconut trees and squares of manicured lawn, the main structure fills the horizon. A dining room, with the kitchen artfully integrated in the decor, leads into a huge living room opening onto the equally huge deck with a swimming pool in the center and totally swiveling, retractable sun loungers. A small television room and three guest bungalows stand to left and right of the main building.
The upper floor houses a children bedroom, a vast communicating bedroom with private entrance, which could be used as a nanny room and a positively regal master bedroom looking out over the deck and the ocean. The decoration of this enormous room in the style of a loft is particularly ingenious: on the left, separated by a waist-high wall masquerading as a towel cupboard is the large, functional bathroom, completely open to the ocean: on the right a majestic desk area facing the sea, in front of a huge walk-in closet concealed behind white wood paneling, and a television which retracts into a chest at the foot of the bed.
The other bedrooms are also most cleverly arranged: besides the outdoor showers in the stone wall at each bungalow entrance, certain rooms have a retro bathtub to supplement the shower in the bathrooms located behind the wide beds. One of those little touches that make all the difference: each bedroom has lots of storage space, its own refrigerator, and its own electrical controls. All the bedrooms, the living room and the dining room are decorated in white. All cupboards and storage areas are built-in, and nothing interrupts the pristine surfaces. The floors are of either wood or waxed concrete, also painted white. This unity of tone gives the impression of an immeasurable space and a minimalism inducing the utmost serenity. In fact, the eye is drawn to the open sea, which opens the doors to the paradise of your dreams.
This gorgeous haven can be all yours for however long you desire, at the nightly price of $14,285-$35,715, rented from here. What do you think, is this piece of paradise worth the price of admission?
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Possum Kingdom Lake House by Tracy Hardenburg Designs
- 33 Ultra-chic interior spaces rocking your senses
- Contemporary warehouse apartment in the heart of Soho, London
- Stylish loft in TriBeCa showcasing an industrial style aesthetic
- 'Back to the future'-transparent Orb House
- Modern vacation retreat in the woods near Lake Tahoe