This gorgeous and cozy cabin on Flathead Lake is located in Polson, Montana and designed by Andersson Wise Architects. From the architects: “Locals call the granite and shale cliff overlooking Montana’s Flathead Lake “The Matterhorn”. It is a place to observe the natural world: the lake, the surrounding ponderosa pine forest, and especially the eagles and ospreys that nest nearby. Together, the water, cliff, and trees form a classic picture of the expansive American West, and it is clear why Montana is still known as North America’s great destination.
Within this context, the cabin’s diaphanous volume is set on six steel piers that are delicately anchored to concrete blocks set into the slope. Screened walls enclose a living area, which has an open floor plan and wood slat floors that extend outside. Amenities are sparse but not neglected: a small kitchen, bathroom, and shower allow guests an overnight stay. The cabin has no heating or cooling system and running water is pumped from the lake below.” Via
Visit the website of Andersson Wise Architects here.
Photos: Art Gray
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Haven nestled in tropical Singapore: M-House
- Modern and light infused renovation of House L in Tel Aviv
- A pyramid-inspired shelter in Brussels
- Enchanting private villa in the Italian countryside
- Three-story modern pad built for cyclists in Seattle: Cycle House
- Bungalow Design: Skirt + Rock House by MCK Architects