Dixon House is a stunning weekend retreat in Martinborough, New Zealand, a place to relax and enjoy the rural landscape and share with family and friends. Designed by Designgroup Stapleton Elliott this spacious property is located along a golf course, with the plan articulated into three pavilions positioned around an enclosed and sheltered courtyard. Private zinc clad shells (pavilions) are situated at each end of the house, containing the master bedroom suite on one side and guest accommodations and service areas on the other. A central pavilion contains the common living and entertaining spaces, uniting the private pavilions around the ‘family social center’ with a central focal point being the zinc-clad fireplace. This opens out onto an elevated terrace and formal front lawn, while the rear opens onto a private courtyard. The living and dining spaces have retractable sliding doors to create outdoor rooms to enjoy the hot summers. An open-ended circulation spine passes through each of the pavilions and becomes a private gallery within the zinc shells. Via
Visit the website of Designgroup Stapleton Elliott here.
Photos: Paul McCredie
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow