This picturesque rural retreat in the village of Burgos, a city in northern Spain discovered on Nuevo Estilo, has been designed by interior designer Mikel Larrinaga. The designer had discovered this humble abode incidentally during trips he made to project the home of a few customers. “I love the home construction, but also the location in the Natural Park. I was surprised to find flora and fauna of the Atlantic and the Mediterranean together,” the designer explains. “It is surprising to find flora and fauna of the Atlantic and the Mediterranean together,” he adds with the passion of a lover of nature.
The landscape makes one feel that they have mentally moved to the French Provence, coupled with the interesting local Romanesque Heritage and intact architecture in this stunning mountain village. That beloved spirit of authentic village of ‘houses in stone and tile next to meadows with cows – recalls the interior designer – encouraged the rehabilitation philosophy’. Thus, the designer preserved the original character of the 1936 construction to recover windows, laminate floors and original beams and updated it with industrial parts and relaxing colors.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow