An extraordinary piece of architecture, 33rd Street Residence is located off a walk street with views of the Pacific Ocean and Malibu coastline, designed by California-based studio Rockefeller Partners Architects. This stunning 4,500 square foot contemporary residence was an exercise in careful space planning due to working within the confines of a narrow 30 x 90-foot envelope. The design team pushed the house to the limits of height, width, and depth, which left little perimeter space to satisfy the client’s desire for a garden. The solution was to create an open green space in the center of the structure, at the ground floor level. On one side of this are the children’s rooms, on the other are the master bedroom and bath, which open to what has become an interior Zen garden.
Visit the website of Rockefeller Partners Architects here.
Photos: Eric Staudenmaier
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow