Casa Lola is a vision of rustic bohemian chic, balanced with just the right mix of glass, wood and cement, this fabulous property is located in Trancoso, Brazil. The luxury three bedroom home, comprised of two houses, a main house and cottage, has been designed by its owner, interior designer Jan Eleni Lemonedes in collaboration with local architecture firm Vida de Vila. Once entering the gate, one can quickly understand that their home is a reflection of love for this unique town. The house sits on a dead end street, where mature Mango and Eugenia trees rise above. Casa Lola is furnished by the distinct tastes of Lemonedes and her husband who is a creative hair stylist in the fashion industry. They utilized pieces from their travels, as well as those chosen from Tiradentes, Brazil. With Brazil known for its incredible craftsmanship, they are proud to have been able to make use of the very fine talents of local craftsmen and artisans.
The main house is a newly-built, two-storey home that combines Bahian wood elements with a contemporary feel of Bohemian chic. Large sliding glass doors make up the first floor that opens out onto the decked pool area, giving the home an open, airy feel, bringing the outside in. The cottage is part of the original house, fully renovated and rustic in feel, with large traditional Porta Baia doors opening to a decked pool area. The beach is just a 15-minute walk from Casa Lola.
Rates run from $700-$875/night and can be booked from here.
Photos: Ronnie Stam
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Contemporary Cat Hill Barn Conversion in Yorkshire
- De Waterkant modern duplex apartment in Cape Town by SAOTA
- Beautiful zen house with dramatic views
- Modern concrete and glass structure in Switzerland: Trübel
- Indoor-outdoor interplay: Cumberland Townhouse in New York
- Fabulous industrial-style Soho loft