The Drew House is a holiday retreat built for Australian photographic artist, Marian Drew and her family, situated on the Queensland coast of Australia. The home has been designed by Australian designer Simon Laws of Anthill Constructions, aimed at creating a kind of luxury campsite nestled amongst the knarled Bloodwoods and ancient Palms near the ocean.
Here is a description of the project from the architects, “living and sleeping pods along with a bathhouse were built in Brisbane, close to construction services, and transported the 500km to the site fully completed. The separated pavilions allow for the privacy of holidaying family groups and also more easily integrate into the existing landscape, which has been minimally disturbed. The prefabricated roofed structure and decks were erected onsite and connect the various pods through a large outdoor living and dining area for shared gatherings. Aramax metal roof sheeting free spans the two identical, but reversed hardwood self-braced trusses.”
“Natural oiled Australian hardwood timbers and other low-finished materials create a neutral environment that along with the dynamic indoor/outdoor spaces. Allow the maximum enjoyment of the wonderful bushland setting and mild sub-tropical climate. Rainwater tanks, solar hot water and electrical panels, an energy efficient passive design and a community water recycling system, for everything but drinking and bathing, make the house largely self-sufficient. The shower door features one of Marian’s works.” Via
Visit the website of Simon Laws here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Stylishly designed two-story family home in North Coogee
- Modern beachfront resort in Thailand: Casa de La Flora
- Rustic-chic grand duplex home in TriBeCa
- 46 Inspiring interiors showcasing shabby chic style
- Residential steel structure appears as living forest in Italy
- Brick Bay House on the coastal town of Snells Beach