The Creekside Cabin is a weekend retreat surrounded by nature in Santa Rosa, California. Designed by architect Amy Alper, the project includes remodeling and additions that brought a modern atmosphere into old construction and helped to open up the interiors by bringing in natural light and exceptional views. The architect describes the project as an example of a home immersed alongside nature, “beautifully situated among shady firs and redwoods, the layout of this 1920’s shingle-style cabin nonetheless precluded views to the nearby boulder-strewn creek. Stringent regulations limited new construction to only previously disturbed riparian areas around the existing cabin and no more than thirty-three percent additional conditioned space was allowed.”
Visit the website of architect Amy Alper here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow