Shipping Container House is located in Nederland, Colorado designed by architects Studio H:T. This project questions the need for excessive space and challenges occupants to be efficient. Two shipping containers saddlebag a taller common space comprising a total of 1,517 square feet of living space and connects local rock outcroppings to the expansive mountain ridge views. The containers house sleeping and work functions while the center space provides entry, dining, living and a loft above. The loft deck invites easy camping as the platform bed rolls between interior and exterior. The project is planned to be off-the-grid using solar orientation, passive cooling, green roofs, pellet stove heating and photovoltaics to create electricity.
Visit the website of architects Studio H:T here.
Photos: Braden Gunem
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Pearl Valley 334 in South Africa by SAOTA
- Light-filled Toronto residence by Abramson Teiger
- Minimal glass and steel structure on Oregon Coast: 360 House
- New York City penthouse with a garden paradise
- The Apartment House with amazing indoor pool in Singapore
- Historically preserved mansion gets eclectic makeover