This beautiful vacation refuge was spotted on Nuevo Estilo and is located near Artà, a small town with history, charm and beautiful beaches in a perimeter of only five kilometers, on the Spanish Balearic island of Majorca. The owners commissioned architecture studio Zirón Architects to implement traditional old Majorcan construction to build the home. The owner’s objective was to create a haven of retreat and rest from their intense working life. The home was designed with amplitude of spaces and the use of natural materials to create a cozy living environment.
It’s quiet and open interior transported the ancient essence to a modern vision of space, in tune with the nature that surrounds. In contrast to a ‘Centennial’ appearance, the interiors are open and airy, reflecting modernity and comfort. The interiors feature stone, recovered Catalan beams, windows, doors and floors made with old treated wood and continuous polished concrete flooring. The walls were painted in shades of sand to create warmth and reflect the light in the rooms that are always in connection with the garden. The decoration is simple and austere, exuding quietude and combines braided fiber, wooden furniture and tapestries of white cotton in a culmination of naturalness and relaxation.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- 40 Amazing fall-inspired front porch decorating ideas
- Fabulous villa on Bequia Island with jaw-dropping Caribbean views
- Stunning Lake Tahoe Residence nestled on a wooded landscape
- Modern beach house with exquisite design in Barwon Heads
- NIYAMA Maldives: playground retreat in paradise
- Relais Masseria Capasa Mediterranean Hotel in Italy
- Luxurious Villa Dorata perched on the Amalfi Coast