Crescent House is a vacation home located on the slope of south Hakone Villa residence area in Atami, Japan. Designed by world renowned Japanese architect Shigeru Ban, the home offers uninterrupted scenic views of Mt.Fuji. Standing in the site, in order not to allow people to look at east, west and south sides, the idea that the crescent-shaped plan which opens up to north corresponding to the site and the cross section which looks like the “C” character( the “U” character which falls down) naturally comes up to mind right away.
In the crescent-shaped plan, there is 1,983 square feet (184 square meters) of living space with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living, dining and kitchen area, all arranged by putting furniture and volumes of utility facilities as partitions. The center of the crescent-shaped plan has a huge cantilevered roof since the cross section of that area is the deepest because of used as a living area. Although a column became necessary in order to prevent the roof from bending, a chimney of fireplace is used instead of it.
What do you think of this incredible home we discovered on Sotheby’s International Realty? It is currently listed for sale at $2,258,050 from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- Chic Industrial Brick Loft House in Singapore by FARM
- 60 Chic Scandinavian kitchen designs for enjoyable cooking
- Extravagant island retreat with breathtaking views
- Luminous home surrounded by lush vegetation: Casa Lomas II
- Spacious apartment in Sweden features charming details
- Spectacular beachfront villa in Phuket: W Koh Samui