This glorious, light, spacious and relaxed villa is perched on the hillside above Avlaki Beach, on the Greek island of Corfu looking out across the island of Kaparelli and the sparkling sea to the mountains beyond. The beautiful family house owned by a young couple with a daughter was designed by architect Norman Foster. Light and airy, you enter through the huge living area with double height pitched ceiling running the length of the house. Large glass doors allow you to wander in and out to the covered colonnaded terrace and enjoy the spectacular view from the outside sitting area.
The kitchen at one end has state of the art equipment and opens onto the BBQ terrace overlooking the pool terrace. At the opposite end of the house on this level is the large master bedroom suite with French doors opening onto a private terrace. The stand-alone office is also at this end. From this level, the glassed staircase leads down to the garden level where there are a further four bedrooms, a gym and a family room. All these rooms, apart from the gym, open onto a huge sunny terrace overlooking the gardens below.
The infinity pool has been built to follow the contours of the hillside and is positioned so that the view whilst swimming is breathtaking. Surrounded by further terraces with plenty of sun loungers, hammocks and dining area, this is really one of the main focal points of the house. The interior design is uncluttered and modern, cool white with contemporary furniture and fabrics sourced from around the world adding touches of color and rich texture. There are many interesting pieces including the Amazonian tree-trunk coffee-table, a Russian icon and a Touareg wood carving.
Kipseli House can be rented at a rate of $17,482 per week, from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- Sumptuous home comprised of two connected pavilions in Australia
- Inspiring transitional style update to small home in Massachusetts
- Four-story rowhouse gets modern overhaul in Prospect Heights
- Toro Canyon House featuring Santa Barbara coastline views
- Villa Bussum in Amsterdam
- Charming historical retreat in Tuscany