Staking a stylish claim on Bali’s rugged Bukit Peninsula, Alila Villas Uluwatu is a cool, contemporary cliff-hanger of a resort which delivers dramatic eco-friendly design in a jaw-dropping setting. This cutting edge modern hotel is designed by award-winning Singapore architectural firm, WOHA. Panoramic views over the Indian Ocean complement architecturally striking pool villas, each with serene, minimalist interiors, seductive outdoor living spaces and personal butlers on tap. Blending in with the surrounding natural environment, the design of the interiors is completely integrated with the architecture, seamlessly flowing from inside to outside. The resort utilizes numerous sustainable practices including, local materials, water conservation with soaks and rain gardens and a waste water management system, using local plants from the special Bali savannah ecosystem, the deliberate use of sustainable/recycled materials, protection of the natural environment, and measured work practices throughout construction.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Cedar and glass house on Little Lovett Bay, Australia
- Fabulous retreat in the Mallorcan countryside
- Heavenly coastal style summer retreat in Nantucket
- Extraordinary Villa l'Escalet with sea views in Saint Tropez
- An intriguing Brooklyn Brownstone Apartment
- Beach home in Peru displays striking modern design: Casa Q