We fell in love with this unique home we discovered on Dwell, situated on Spain’s Canary Island of Tenerife, which has been built into the coastal rock. The humble cottage is used as an escape to the shore during the sweltering summer months. The dwelling is nestled on a rocky beach close to the town of Santa María del Mar on the Añaza coast. Not only does the volcanic cave offer its residents a natural shelter to keep them cool throughout the summer, it also creates a striking design feature with its whitewashing ceiling. The design of the cave dwelling has a no-frills vibe with the surfboard designed benches and tiki torches on the front patio. The rooms are small and cozy with all the modern amenities. The living room boasts all the trapping of a Spanish flat, except for the volcanic rock ceiling. The cottage offers a small rocky beach barely suitable for sunbathing, but the views make it all worth it!
Photos: Gunnar Knechtel
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros