Monaci delle Terre Nere is a stunning contemporary boutique hotel on the slopes of Mount Etna, Sicily in the little town of Zafferana Etnea, half way between the volcano and the beaches of Arcireale. Designed and created by owner Guido Coffa this six room hideaway will soon become your secret and one which you won’t want to share. This 18th-century house has been meticulously transformed into a refuge of design and style against the backdrop of original stone walls and features which have been kept and restored wherever possible. The traditional Sicilian architecture is the ideal canvas for the contemporary art displayed throughout this pocket gem.
Each of the six suites are filled with light and tastefully decorated and designed with glass, wood and stone. All have a modern twist; some have original frescoes on the ceiling, others with open fireplaces and designer free-standing baths. There is a real feeling of space in all of the rooms whichever one you choose to book and plenty of personal touches and attention to detail to really make you feel welcome and looked after.
Rates for this stunning retreat runs from $190 – $315 per night, from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Elegant three story residence in Warsaw: Modern Palazzo
- Seattle pad maximizes amazing views: Phinney Ridge Modern
- Haven of tranquility and relaxation in Mallorca
- Striking concrete and glass dwelling in Mexico
- Sleek and stylish retreat on Santorini
- Rustic modern home with reclaimed materials in Texas