Sun and earth are the essence of this remarkable home called ‘Solterra’, which enjoys a privileged position in the spectacular high country of Victoria, Australia. Rammed earth and ironbark create a striking form, and huge expanses of glass capture the sun’s warmth and light along with panoramic views across bucolic fields to snow-capped mountains and never-ending skies. The property provides an incredibly private and peaceful sanctuary from the constant noise of modern life with opportunity to pursue rural interests on a manageable holding of around 40 hectares (100 acres) of undulating pasture.
The home is naturally warm in winter and cool in summer with zones designed to provide both an intimate couples retreat and the facility to host family and friends in grand style. The four bedroom, three bath residence offers just over 4,305 square feet (400 meters square) of understated luxury accommodation, complemented by extensive ironbark decking, a spectacular infinity edge salt water pool with Italian travertine terraces and striking landscaped gardens all designed by Jack Merlo.
This spectacular property is listed for sale from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Manhattan Penthouse with jaw-dropping skyline views
- Contemporary hilltop residence surrounded by forest in Japan
- Modern warehouse conversion in Dusseldorf
- Stacked house in Mexico City with a cool garden oasis
- Log home in Ohio: Walnut Woods Residence & Studio
- Rustic mountain home in Oregon: North Rim Residence