This restored old farm house of the 18th century, spotted on Nuevo Estilo, blends the past and present, situated in the Empordà, a beautiful wine region located north of Barcelona in Mediterranean Spain. The renovation is the work of Studio Palau de Casavells, renewing the home with a strong mix of vintage and cutting edge design. The aroma of lavender from the Mediterranean garden welcomes you into the home and the beauty that awaits you. In the reform, the designer kept the soul of the building, while retaining, as much as possible, the original materials.
Natural materials of clay, stone, wood and cement were incorporated into the existing structure to help preserve what was already there. This unique fusion can also be seen in the decoration, which shows a flexible mix of parts, furniture and details, with results that creates a surprising and very evocative effect. A mix of recovered industrial furnishings and chairs of the sixties creates a fresh and modern atmosphere, a spectacular backdrop for an interesting collection of contemporary art, which finds its perfect frame in the thick walls with centuries of history.
Recommended For You
From the Web:
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- 35+ Fascinating Christmas decorating ideas for small spaces
- 58 Exquisite home bar designs built for entertaining
- Sophisticated Yet Casual Lake House Retreat in Wisconsin
- 50+ Fabulous outdoor Christmas decorations for a winter wonderland
- 60+ Basements transformed into spaces you may never want to leave