The Bulgari Resort is located in one of the most exclusive and tropical destinations in the world, Bali, Indonesia. Designed by the architectural studio of Antonio Citterio and Partners, the luxurious resort combines the breathtaking beauty of unspoiled nature with a sophisticated contemporary design, a synthesis of Italian design and traditional Balinese style. Standing atop a cliff 150 meters over the Indian Ocean, the resort appears like a medieval fortress town, walled and secret.
There are 59 villas, each with its own garden, pool and outdoor living room of 300 square meters that looks out over the coconut thatch rooftops and the Indian Ocean. The floor plan makes a sharp distinction between the quiet and reserved private area and the glamorously festive social area. The construction faithfully respects local techniques, with the interior walls made of hand-cut volcanic stone and palimanan, while the window and door frames feature the sophisticated nuances of Javanese mahogany. The refined fabrics that adorn the rooms are designed and woven locally in collaboration with a team of Balinese artists and designers.
Nightly rates at this luxurious property start at $1,050, from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage