Metamorphosis 1 is the renovation of a wooden house in Tunquén, Casablanca, Chile by architects Jose Ulloa Davet + Delphine Ding. The project is organized according to a new helical path which, through the extension of an existing deck and the overhang of the new room, allows the user to go up to two new panoramic terraces on the house. The skin on the project is designed as an autonomous unit, through modulated square openings with measures based on a 30 centimeters module and a skin with a changing rhythm. New areas of the house blend into the existing through the ventilated timber skin, whose function is to avoid accumulations of water and moisture in the structure wall.
Before and after the renovation.
Photos: José Ulloa Davet
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow