An old heritage church in Brisbane, Australia has been converted into a beautiful contemporary home by Willis Greenhalgh Architects. Here is a description of the project from the designers, “First a church then a theatre, a slice of Brisbane’s heritage has been saved from demolition and transformed into two striking luxury homes. The existing buildings date back to 1867 and are heritage listed. Extensive community and heritage consultation ensured the balance between conserving the integrity of the buildings, the subtle introduction of contemporary elements, and the relationship with the surrounding area.” The final picture displays the character of the original church before the conversion, what do you think of the finished project, could you live here?
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Stunning family home off the Oregon Coast
- Check out this stylish clock that knits!
- Spectacular restoration of a New York townhouse
- Chic and Luxurious POD Boutique Hotel in South Africa
- Modern mountain retreat nestled in resort village of Kitzbühel
- Contemporary Hollywood Hills dream pad overlooking the city