Moss Oaklands Residence is a stunning property in Cape Town, South Africa designed by studio Nico Van Der Meulen Architects. The scope of the project was to remodel a 1950s residence, breathing new life back into the home and giving it more of an urban feel. Here is a brief description of the project from the architects, “Alterations and additions were made to the original building to allow for four bedrooms and large entertaining areas. The single-storey building allows for large double volume spaces and flat roofs have been used in the alteration to keep vertical expansion in mind for the client’s future. In keeping with the owner’s brief to have a home with an urban and open feel, the interior and exterior entertaining areas have been blurred by sliding stacking doors that open up the whole facade. By using a neutral palette, the company was able to create a warm environment by bringing in touches of color through rich and bold accessories and furnishings.” What do you think of this fabulous South African home?
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Jaw-dropping dwelling merged cliffside above the Aegean Sea