The Heavy Metal house is a contemporary single storey home situated in Joplin, Missouri, designed by Kansas City-based design studio Hufft Projects. The steel clad home is sited on eight acres of heavily wooden terrain. The residence is a fusion of glass, steel and concrete, designed in a sophisticated composition of modern proportions and elegant detail.
According to the architects: “The skin is a layered facade of glass and perforated steel with large glass openings placed in strategic locations to capture the beautiful and rugged landscape. Where required, these openings are shielded by approximately two hundred unique 4’ x 10’ cold rolled steel panels. Each panel has a custom perforation pattern which is determined by a complex process that takes into account solar gain, varying levels of transparency and privacy needs.”
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits