Misool Eco Resort is built on the private island of Batbitim, located in remote southern Raja Ampat, nestled deep in an archipelago of uninhabited islands in Indonesia. An exclusive dive resort and conservation center, this tropical hideaway is fringed with powder-white beaches and pristine coral reefs. With a maximum capacity of just 32 guests and a staff-to-guest ratio of 3 to 1, the resort offers exclusive luxury diving holidays, surrounded by the world’s richest reefs. The resort island is leased from the local community, along with 1,120 square meters of surrounding reefs.
All of the resort facilities are built of reclaimed tropical hardwoods; no trees were cut down to build the resort. The main resort area is inside a placid horseshoe-shaped lagoon. There are eight Water Cottages built on stilts over the water, each with a hammock integrated into the veranda and steps leading down into the sea. There are also several Deluxe Villas for those who prefer a more exclusive experience. Accommodations have been meticulously designed for comfort, privacy, and sustainability, featuring Balinese-style open air bathrooms, air-conditioning, fresh hot and cold showers, mini-bars, in-room safes, and handcrafted furniture and fittings.
The resorts Dive Centre is fitted with a massive camera and equipment area, adjoining a comfortable lounge. The restaurant is tucked under the palm trees on the lagoon’s beach, offering a tasty combination of Asian and Western fare. The airy, round-roofed structure is tucked under the coconut palms, offering a perfect respite from the mid-day heat. The restaurant’s terrace is the ideal place to enjoy a sunset cocktail or a bottle of wine while watching the baby sharks and long-toms hunt schools of circling sardines.
To stay at this incredible retreat, prices range from, $4,762 for seven nights to $7,770 for twelve nights per person, from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Modern update to home perched above San Francisco Bay
- Beautiful stone clad residence in Mountain Brook, Alabama
- Mid-century modern renovation: Laurelhurst Residence
- Stylish summer retreat in Morciano di Leuca
- Incredible modern dwelling in the countryside: Villa in Děčín