This incredible retreat in South India has been designed by India-based architecture studio Mancini Design. The 4,000 square meters compound has been turned into an interior world consisting of 3 houses, pool with pavilion, small forest, rock – tropical – and suspended gardens, sunken garden around a deep well, outdoor bathrooms, savanna and water-tank all of it assembled to provide views on the nearby holy mountain and yet creating privacy in its different indoor and outdoor spaces. Sloping roof-gardens provide natural connectivity from the living quarters on the first floors down to the common spaces on the ground-floor and the visitor discovers a new space or a new vista around every corner.
The buildings draw on traditional construction technique combined with large Roof-overhangs and high thermal mass thus ensuring cool interiors in the very hot climate of the south Indian countryside. All architectural and interior elements are custom designed and manufactured by local craftsmen whereas the infrastructural elements rely on technology to ensure environmental sustainability. Via
Photos: Mancini Enterprises
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow