This magnificent island-inspired custom home, Hualalai Estate, features elegant living space with 4 bedrooms, each complete with garden outdoor shower lanais, as well as a fifth bedroom in an intimate guest house. Situated on a unique lot above the second fairway on the renowned Hualalai Ke’olu Golf Course, this masterfully-designed 6,300 square foot home enjoys unobstructed golf course, ocean and island views on the Big Island of Hawaii. Inside, the gourmet restaurant- style kitchen features dramatic custom mahogany cabinetry along with extensive integrated appliances.
A cornerless door system helps capture spectacular views in both the great room and master bedroom and brings the outside island world indoors. As the doors open and recede into the walls, the beauty of the Hawaiian outdoors merges effortlessly with the contemporary beauty of the interior space. That fine line between indoors and out becomes even more of an illusion as the glow of the setting sun fills the room. Overlooking the pool and golf course is the round dining room; conveniently close at hand is a temperature-controlled wine cave.
The master suite can be opened on two sides to the private end of the pool and the golf course. Poolside, guests will find an intimate breakfast table and chairs where one can watch the sun rise poolside. The master bath becomes a private retreat: a stand-alone Jacuzzi tub invites a leisurely soak, while enjoying a private view through the wall of windows, which reveals an oasis, filled with tropical flowers and an outdoor shower. All draperies and bedding are custom designed specifically for this home.
To stay at this heavenly retreat, prices range from $6,500 – $9,000 per night with a 7 night minimum stay, from here.
The huge infinity pool and whirlpool tub are the heart of this home. Whether sitting on the “yin/yang” settees around the custom-designed stone fire pit or lounging on a chaise in the shallow end of the pool, nothing says paradise with more eloquence.
The fifth guest bedroom is separate from the primary home, offering complete privacy. The suite has its own private morning kitchen complete with sink, dishwasher and microwave. Outside the triple wide glass doors are the outdoor shower and lanai, creating a sanctuary of tropical beauty. The indoor bath has double sinks and a large glass shower enclosure.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Oceanfront property nestled cliffside in Chile: Tunquen House
- Compact and charming duplex apartment in Sweden
- 58 Stylish ways to transform ordinary walls into art gallery walls
- Luxuriously modern Colorado mountain home
- Possum Kingdom Lake House by Tracy Hardenburg Designs
- 43 Brilliant and inspiring shabby chic interiors