A sense of calmness is reinforced through color, texture and material selections in this ocean side retreat for a family of five, designed by Anderson Studio of Architecture and Design situated on Kiawah Island, Charleston, South Carolina. The main living areas offer gracious spaces for friendly gatherings, while separate family and guest areas provide privacy and ample opportunity to rest and recharge. Ocean views are captured from the main living areas and bedrooms despite a compact lot densely populated with maritime oaks. The overall size of this unique and time property is downplayed by revealing the home in layers, through subtle, yet complex solutions.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- California hillside home is epitome of indoor-outdoor living
- Beautiful Belgian-inspired interiors
- Chic and serene island oasis in the Bahamas: Sea La Vie
- Sustainable living in a Costa Rican villa
- Modern renovation and extension in England: The Glass House
- Delectable fairytale cottage in Courchevel 1850