In the picturesque small market town of Brantôme, is this ivy-clad mill, hotel Le Moulin de L’Abbaye, one of the most delightful places on the Dordogne region of France. The vista takes in the right-angled bridge, a 16th century masterpiece, the monastery garden, the medieval tower, the Renaissance pavilion and the famous abbey founded by Charlemagne. This picturesque landscape is the ideal place for a charming stay and a warm welcome is guaranteed. Founded in 1978, with the aim of creating a base from which to explore the region’s charms, the Moulin de l’Abbaye comprises three historical houses, with the rooms being split between the three buildings. The old Mill is the main building of the hotel and houses Reception as well as the Moulin de l’Abbaye restaurant.
The mill originally milled the town’s grain, weaved its wool, and by the turn of the last century, provided electricity for the townsfolk. The rooms and lounges are both elegant and inviting, the light-filled dining room opens onto a shady terrace on the river banks. There are several different room categories, perfect for couples up to large families, making an ideal base to discover the heart of the Perigord. Rooms range from Classic and Traditional Rooms, through Superior and Deluxe Rooms to elegant Junior Suites, a new Caractere room with private terrace, heated Jacuzzi overlooking the Dronne, and a spacious and luxurious Apartment. At the “Moulin”, the “Maison du Meunier” and the “Maison de l’Abbé”, where the famous Abbot of Brantôme, Pierre de Bourdeilles, once lived, the stage is set to enjoy this romantic, magical setting.
To stay at this spectacular retreat, prices range from approximately $200 – $800, from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Modern eco-luxury: Hollywood Hybrid home
- Summer beach house on Fire Island by Studio 27 Architecture
- Industrial chic loft with open-plan interiors in NoHo
- Southampton beach house retreat by Alexander Gorlin Architects
- Retro revival home completely transformed in British Columbia
- Lavish Stockholm penthouse with delightful details