In the picturesque small market town of Brantôme, is this ivy-clad mill, hotel Le Moulin de L’Abbaye, one of the most delightful places on the Dordogne region of France. The vista takes in the right-angled bridge, a 16th century masterpiece, the monastery garden, the medieval tower, the Renaissance pavilion and the famous abbey founded by Charlemagne. This picturesque landscape is the ideal place for a charming stay and a warm welcome is guaranteed. Founded in 1978, with the aim of creating a base from which to explore the region’s charms, the Moulin de l’Abbaye comprises three historical houses, with the rooms being split between the three buildings. The old Mill is the main building of the hotel and houses Reception as well as the Moulin de l’Abbaye restaurant.
The mill originally milled the town’s grain, weaved its wool, and by the turn of the last century, provided electricity for the townsfolk. The rooms and lounges are both elegant and inviting, the light-filled dining room opens onto a shady terrace on the river banks. There are several different room categories, perfect for couples up to large families, making an ideal base to discover the heart of the Perigord. Rooms range from Classic and Traditional Rooms, through Superior and Deluxe Rooms to elegant Junior Suites, a new Caractere room with private terrace, heated Jacuzzi overlooking the Dronne, and a spacious and luxurious Apartment. At the “Moulin”, the “Maison du Meunier” and the “Maison de l’Abbé”, where the famous Abbot of Brantôme, Pierre de Bourdeilles, once lived, the stage is set to enjoy this romantic, magical setting.
To stay at this spectacular retreat, prices range from approximately $200 – $800, from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- Mediterranean dwelling overlooks Salt Creek Beach
- Multi-generational home in Mumbai: SDM Apartment
- Ingenious design update to a Brooklyn Heights loft conversion
- Sprawling rancher style residence in Vancouver
- Beautiful Casa Mecano in the Osa Peninsula
- Sustainably designed shipping container home in Costa Rica