This fabulous two-story beach house on Tybee Island in Savannah, Georgia was designed from the ground up by designer Joel Snayd of Rethink Design Studio. The first floor living space was designed as an open concept, which allows ample space for large family gatherings. Old recycled beams were incorporated into the design scheme to add visual interest and create natural divisions between the living, kitchen and dining room spaces. The crisp white butt joint paneling was offset using the cool gray slate tile below foot. The stairs and cabinets were painted a soft gray, roughly two shades lighter than the floor, and then topped off with a Carerra honed marble. Apple red stools, corky art, and fun colored bowls add a bit of whimsy and fun.
The second story features a sleeping loft, separated from the rest of the upstairs by white flowing curtains. Built in beds are adorned with a nautical reading light and built-in hideaway niches. The space is light and airy with painted gray floors, all white walls, old rustic beams and headers, wood paneling, tongue and groove ceilings, dormers, vintage rattan furniture, mid-century painted pieces, and a cool hangout spot for the kids. The rest of the bedroom and bathroom spaces are punctuated with bright bursts of color that gives an extra punch to the otherwise white interiors.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Very charming Swedish apartment interiors
- Victorian terraces tranformed into beautiful London family home
- Mesmerizing villa offers tranquil escape on Mykonos
- Modern pad seamlessly integrates into its Canadian landscape
- Contemporary estate with breathtaking views
- Brazilian pad embraces transparency and open spaces