A-A Flat is a fabulously designed property in which the different areas of the home are linked to each other as well as to the garden outside in Madrid, Spain. Designed by the architecture firm Ábaton, the southern face of the residence has been designed as a rounded concrete wall with a private garden and swimming pool behind. Only two constructive materials were applied throughout the home, limestone for the floors and damp areas and white matte paint on the walls, cupboards and trim around the sliding glass doors.
The kitchen was conceived as a social area openly connected to the other rooms. The areas throughout the home are decorated with minimalistic details, few pieces of sculptural and artworks are used for decoration. With a mostly neutral color palette, some wood furnishings are used to add texture to the space. Furniture groupings separate the opening dining, living and kitchen area. In the master bedroom retreat, the bathroom has an open bathtub and shower with no wall separating the space. A his and hers closet behind the bed divides the room and a pocket door hides the water closet with a piece of transparent glass in the wall to diffuse natural light into the space.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Jaw-dropping dwelling merged cliffside above the Aegean Sea
- Secluded New Zealand dwelling with majestic views
- The Living Cube small space design in Switzerland
- Contemporary Sydney home with seamless indoor/outdoor living
- Modern penthouse loft overlooking Barcelona
- 1 Kindesign’s 45 most dreamy bedrooms of 2013
- Sustainable retreat on a wooded hilltop in Michigan: Glen Lake Tower