Reformed from the top down, this beautiful house in Barcelona, Spain, spotted on Mi Casa, maintains its noble essence with dazzling interior design and architecture and great distribution of spaces. Interior designers Daniel Pérez & Felipe Araujo, from the studio Egue y Seta were in charge of the project, transforming the home completely while still preserving some of the historical features. They maintained the height of the ceiling, restored the wooden beams and chose a vintage flooring pattern. The decoration style of the home was a retro-modern and industrial infused together to create a perfect blend.
The original design of the home was articulated through a corridor, which now revolves around a large kitchen, occupying one third of the area on the ground floor. The new distribution contributes to creating more spaciousness and blurs the boundary between public and private spaces. The living room and bedrooms remain open to filter natural light throughout the home. Even the master bathroom, which is inside the bedroom, has a glass partition with plants inside to add privacy but enables light to penetrate the space.
The turquoise painted room adds visual depth to the space.
The living room occasionally becomes a guest room, with a fold out bed behind the white cabinet doors.
A large glass, with plants in the interior, as a greenhouse, creates a separation between spaces, which leads to one of the bedrooms.
Wood beams and exposed air conditioning ducts give an industrial air to the kitchen with a king-sized table in the middle.
A high shelving, industrial aesthetic, replaces a traditional dresser.
Bed linen colors and vintage pieces adds personality to the bedroom, where the extraordinary luminosity of the walls highlights, by contrast, with the light and dark of the flooring.
Tiling with a hexagonal mosaic of small format, the bathroom becomes an exclusive space.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- The fabulously frugal guide to building your own deck
- Old barn revamped to elegant yet functional pad in Czech Republic
- Contemporary oceanfront property in Sagaponack
- Spectacular modern dwelling in Austin: Matthews Residence
- Sumptuous modern pad in Israel by Pitsou Kedem Architects
- Beautiful rustic lakeside home in Italy