Economy, functionality and privacy were the primary drivers in the design of this sixth floor East Village studio in Manhattan, New York. Designed by Jordan Parnass Digital Architecture, the meticulously detailed millwork provides ample storage and reduces clutter, making this small 500 square foot home-office apartment extremely efficient. A bedroom loft creates space for a roomy walk-in closet below, while stair risers conceal a series of built-in drawers. Every inch of the space has been effectively exploited. The architects worked closely with the client and a demanding co-op board through every stage of the design process. The result is modern, clean, and concise, providing both the warmth of a home and all the functional requirements of an office.
What do you think of this efficient small studio, could you enjoy living here?
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Striking union of two apartments in Sao Paulo
- Sexy urban apartment interiors in Sao Paulo
- Waterfront property with a modern loft aesthetic in Connecticut
- Modern glass and steel home perched hillside
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Stunning Two Barns House in Poland for modern family living