Economy, functionality and privacy were the primary drivers in the design of this sixth floor East Village studio in Manhattan, New York. Designed by Jordan Parnass Digital Architecture, the meticulously detailed millwork provides ample storage and reduces clutter, making this small 500 square foot home-office apartment extremely efficient. A bedroom loft creates space for a roomy walk-in closet below, while stair risers conceal a series of built-in drawers. Every inch of the space has been effectively exploited. The architects worked closely with the client and a demanding co-op board through every stage of the design process. The result is modern, clean, and concise, providing both the warmth of a home and all the functional requirements of an office.
What do you think of this efficient small studio, could you enjoy living here?
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Luxurious modern property in Madrid: LV House by A-cero
- Casa CP 78 showcases functional and open design in Mexico
- Delightful farmhouse sanctuary with charming details in Spain
- Eco-luxury villa immersed in the jungle
- Dwelling immersed in the South African mountains
- Beach house with Santa Monica Mountain views