Atop a rocky outcrop just south of Carmel, California, the private Otter Cove Residence appears as a lavish, natural extension of the landscape. Boasting unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean, this fabulous home was designed by Sagan Piechota Architecture. The 10,000 square foot house employs a winding, s-shaped plan to take advantage of the stunning Pacific Ocean views from all rooms, while creating exterior courtyards. Curved glass walls and thin steel structural pillars offer maximum exposure, and ensure that the home enjoys plenty of natural daylight, while creating a sense of transparency between living spaces. To balance the extensive use of glass, the home is anchored with heavy, textural stone walls that recall the nearby cliffs. Wooden slats also adorn select interior walls, adding warmth to the space. The home also features five en-suite bedrooms, a screening room, gym, game room, bar & lounge.
Photos: Joe Fletcher
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros