Atop a rocky outcrop just south of Carmel, California, the private Otter Cove Residence appears as a lavish, natural extension of the landscape. Boasting unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean, this fabulous home was designed by Sagan Piechota Architecture. The 10,000 square foot house employs a winding, s-shaped plan to take advantage of the stunning Pacific Ocean views from all rooms, while creating exterior courtyards. Curved glass walls and thin steel structural pillars offer maximum exposure, and ensure that the home enjoys plenty of natural daylight, while creating a sense of transparency between living spaces. To balance the extensive use of glass, the home is anchored with heavy, textural stone walls that recall the nearby cliffs. Wooden slats also adorn select interior walls, adding warmth to the space. The home also features five en-suite bedrooms, a screening room, gym, game room, bar & lounge.
Photos: Joe Fletcher
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Jaw-dropping dwelling merged cliffside above the Aegean Sea